Steps to Follow:
- Sit comfortably with your eyes closed.
- Look at the screen that fills the space behind your closed eyelids.
- Notice any light that appears on your inner screen. The light may appear as little particles, patterns, images, colors, "snow" on a screen, etc. (Consider anything that is not absolute darkness to be a form of light.)
- Gently focus on the light.
- It is not necessary to focus clearly. Simply look at the light with relaxed attention.
- If you feel as though you are slipping into a sleep-like or dream-like state, allow it to happen.
- If you do not see any light on your screen, it's ok... just focus on the dark screen. Whatever you experience is all right.
- If you notice you have drifted off into your thoughts, simply bring your attention back to your inner screen and continue looking at the light.
Benefits of this meditation:
Relaxation and stress reduction.
Increased flow of fuel to the brain.
Direct experience of your calm, unbounded Inner Spirit.
Connecting with your Inner Spirit taps a wellspring of spiritual energy. This energy nourishes and enhances all levels of life... physical, emotional, mental and spiritual.
When connected with your Inner Spirit, life flows more effortlessly, and you begin to perceive the world as a more supportive, enjoyable place.
Regular contact with your Inner Spirit catalyzes a gradual shift to a higher level of consciousness... centered in the peace, joy, and freedom of your Spirit.
Gradual opening of the 6th chakra - the Inner Eye - giving clear insight and inner vision.